Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ad hoc wireless connection on windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mottile

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
IL
I have 2 win-xp pro laptops with a dynamode pcmcia wireless lan adapter. I am trying to configure a ad hoc connection, but i cannot get to a point where i can ping each computer. each one's tcp/ip is configured with a static ip address of the same mask, the ad hoc is configured with no WEP. i can see the SSID in the host computer and i connect to it, but no ping!!!!! i'm lost, please help.

motti

do you have the xp firewalls active?

also, there is a GREAT artical written by someone with microsoft and i'll try to find it. it is explaining how to do exactly what you're trying to. i've posted the link here before. "Jack of all trades. Master of none."
[americanflag]

Hi

The firewall is turned off, and also i already tried this article you are referring to, but no change.

Hi

Aparently there was a firewall software installed, a custom made one so i didn't know it. anyway my problem is solved.

10x

motti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back