Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AcuODBC HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evasyar

Programmer
Oct 31, 2002
US
I am getting this type of exception through AcuODBC linked data source - "[AcuCorp, Inc.][AcuODBC Driver]Out of range". What does this exactly pertains to? Is this a generic AcuODBC error?

Here are the details:
1) Data Source - Using AcuODBC to link to a COBOL ISAM file using the file's XFD. I can then view the tables via MS ACCESS for instance... The ISAM fields consist of just plain numerics (PIC 9's) and alphanumerics (PIC X's).

2) In my Delphi6 APP I am using an ADO connection object to connect via the AcuODBC linked datasource and an ADO command object for SQL scripts to EXECUTE ie., "INSERT INTO TABLE (FIELDS...) VALUES (VALUES BEING PASSED...)", or "UPDATE...", or "SELECT..." scripts.

3) In my Delphi6 APP, i have records created as "containers" in which I can use to build the SQL script with before passing it to the ADO Command object as a SQL string. In my string datatype definitions I always follow the actual length of the (PIC X) length defined and translated by the XFD with something like this "FIELD1: string[30]" of which would match the COBOL ISAM FIELD with "FIELD1 PIC X". To resolve the numerics, I just define integers in my record to pass for the "PIC 9(9)" type fields in ISAM.

What do you guys thinks? Please help me troubleshoot...

-evasyar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back