Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acucobol file status codes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

breilly

Programmer
Nov 12, 2002
US
I am running ACUCOBOL 4.0 and have a basic program...open an input file, tweak it, and write a new output file. The first statement in the program opens the current file as input and the second statement in the program opens the output file.

When this statement is executed I receive a file status error of 90, 07. (primary secondary...I believe). Primary 90 indicates invalid operation (again I think).

Does any one know where the file status code documentation can be found?

That would most likely be in the AcuCOBOL product documentation available to registered users on the Acucorp web site, or perhaps onthe proiduct distribution media.

Is it possible that you do not have sufficient permission to create/overwrite a file in the directory for your new output file? That is probably the most likely cause of the 90,07 on an OPEN OUTPUT.

Tom Morrison

K5tm,

Yup you got it. I do not have write permisions to the directory. I also got ACUCorp to send me an electronic manual for 4.0 and it includes the status codes. (Imagine how easy it would be if life caame with a manual.)

I,m past that error and looking forward to the next ones. For this thread.....CASE CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back