Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acucobol and Oracle 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobolCop

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2002
US
I am doing some research on Acucobol and am trying to find answers to three questions.

1) What versions of Oracle does Acucobol / Acu4g1 (Unix platform)
support?

2) Can I run my Oracle database on a server other then the one that I am running my Acucobol applications on?

3) What kind of challenges are there in upgrading from Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 8.1.7?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Oracle 9i(32-bit)
2. It depends on what platform you use. In Windows, it's OK.
3. In ACUCOBOL/ACU4GL , no, you only need to concern what challenge exists in Oracle.

Thanks Stonel:

We are running Acucobol and its Oracle database on an HP/UX platform. I am not getting a clear answer from anyone on-site at to why I cant but the Oracle database on a second HP/UX box.

If you can shed some light on this I would be eternally greatful and would owe you a beer.

Thanks,

Hi,
ACUCOBOL can use Acu4GL and pro*cobol to talk with ORACLE, but all need to talk with local DB engine. You can put the databases and tables on another server, in fact, I believe that you should depend on the capability of ORACLE to use the tables on another server.
It means that you would have 2 ORACLE db engines on your environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back