Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Actuate:Problem with onRow() method 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolkk

Programmer
Jan 7, 2008
US
Guys, I am using actuate 8 sp1. I am new to actuate.

I need Help in two cases: plz help me out.

1> How to suppress a row or Dynamic text control if the value is null or blank. Setting Height to "0" is not rearranging objects.that wont rearrange the objects(i mean a blank row or empty space looks in report.) I want objects(text control) to move up or down to fill the space.

2> for the same pbm I tried to work on the query and tried not to display blank rows in onRow() method. Here i am getting expecting result but results are moved to next group.
i.e i add two columns of the a single row and display result. I have a group based on one parameter ex A, my first row results which are processed in onRow() moving onto next group rows.
I dont understand why its happening like that.

Plz find the code here:

Sub OnRow( row As AcDataRow )

dim NL as string

NL = Chr$(10)

txt_source1 = row.getValue("DISTAMT1")

If row.getValue("DISTAMT2") <> "" Then

txt_source1 = txt_source1 & Chr$(10) & row.getValue("DISTAMT2")

End If
If row.getValue("DISTAMT3") <> "" Then

txt_source1 = txt_source1 & Chr$(10) & row.getValue("DISTAMT3")
End If

Super::OnRow( row )
End Sub

I have created txt_source1 as Public static variable.

plz let me know if you need more details, hope i am clear.

Case 1 - dynamic repositioning of dynamic controls is covered in the course book, if you can obtain one. Also look a t frame properties re can increase height and can reduce height

Case 2 - This can be caused by the order fields appear in 'Slot Information'. If the processed field appears before the source fields in the list, it can move the result to the next row.

Also, suggest moving Super::OnRow() back to where it started (ie second line). It may not be a problem , then again...

Thanks alot ASG0856 .

I went through the Help documents of Actuate found on Dynamic settings, it was very very simple...!!!!

I had very little time on that to work on that..thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back