Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

capone67

Programmer
Nov 6, 2000
CA
Hi gang

I have an activeX control that I have built hat runs fine on my system and several others. The control connects to an SQL server as well. when I try to get it to run on the system that it needs to run on I get Error 403 as the title for the page.

The system that it needs to run on is running Win 2000, the logged in user has administrative rights, Access 2000 is installed as well. When I try to bring up the control I get the prompt to intall a signed control. I looked in internet options to se if the control was included in the list of downloaded files and it is not there. I have tried all security settings. I have looked at customizing the security settings and set it to the minimum setting for activex controls as well. I have error handlers in all of the functions and subs as well that shold allow for it to continue running, I just dump the error number to a text box and resume next.

I have been able to et the control to function proplerly if I manually register the ocx using regsvr32.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing the control to behave eratically?

Ken Patenaude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back