Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX in Protected mode IE7 on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

volna1

Programmer
Jun 23, 2008
US
I am developing an activex control that launches an application. The activex is in the form of a dll and is packaged in a cab file. The control is invoked from a javascript, and works when protection mode is turned off in IE7 on Vista. However, it fails to launch the application when the protection mode is turned on. I found some information on requiring to include a manifest with requestedExecutionLevel in order to overcome this. I include the following manifest in the dll (had to use a different version of mt.exe - included with Windows SDK - than the one that is available with VS2005) and when I open the dll in Visual Studio, I can see the manifest included.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urnTongue Tiedchemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
<ms_asmv2:trustInfo xmlns:ms_asmv2="urnTongue Tiedchemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
<ms_asmv2Tongue Tiedecurity>
<ms_asmv2:requestedPrivileges>
<ms_asmv2:requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false"/>
</ms_asmv2:requestedPrivileges>
</ms_asmv2Tongue Tiedecurity>
</ms_asmv2:trustInfo>
</assembly>

I even tried including the manifest separately in the cab (also embedded in the dll), and including a reference in the inf file that is packaged in the cab file. I am wondering if I am missing something in order to overcome the protection mode issue in IE7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back