Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX for Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike2020

Programmer
Mar 18, 2002
US
Hi:

I want to play the wav files in IE using Media Player without connect my laptop to the internet.

I know that the line of code in object tag:

codebase="
is use to link to activex object in microsoft website, so that the activeX object nsmp2inf.cab can play the wav file.
But how can I point this link to my laptop instead to microsoft website because I can't connect to the internet?

Thank you SO... Much

===
<object id=&quot;MediaPlayer&quot; width=320 height=286
classid=&quot;CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95&quot;
standby=&quot;Loading Microsoft® Windows® Media Player components...&quot;
type=&quot;application/x-oleobject&quot;
codebase=&quot;<PARAM NAME=&quot;filename&quot; VALUE=&quot;interview.wav&quot;>
<PARAM NAME=&quot;autoStart&quot; VALUE=&quot;true&quot;> <PARAM NAME=&quot;showControls&quot; VALUE=&quot;true&quot;>
<param name=&quot;ShowStatusBar&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;> <PARAM NAME=&quot;Autorewind&quot; VALUE=&quot;true&quot;>
<PARAM NAME=&quot;ShowDisplay&quot; VALUE=&quot;false&quot;>
<EMBED SRC=&quot;interview.wav&quot; WIDTH=320 HEIGHT=286 type=&quot;application/x-mplayer2&quot; name=MediaPlayer autostart=1 showcontrols=0 showstatusbar=1 autorewind=1 showdisplay=0>
</EMBED></OBJECT>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back