Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX document won’t open in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevieb58

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
GB
Using VB6, I made a very simple form, accessing a table in Access. I then used the VB add-in “ActiveX Document Migration Wizard” to convert the form into a user document. I tested this, and it ran in Internet Explorer with no problems. Next, I used the VB add-in “Package and Deployment Wizard” which produced a .cab file containing the necessary support files, a .html page, and a .VBD file.

The .html document contains a single link to the .VBD file, and when I click on it, the .VBD document opens in IE – but this is on the development machine, which has VB installed. If I move the three files onto another PC, and open the .html document and click on the link, the PC installs the stuff from the .cab file, but then gives an error message “Windows cannot open this file:”, and gives the option of looking for a program on the web, or selecting from a list.

Amusingly enough, after many tedious hours of slogging through MSDN and similar, it seems every time I find a reference to a page that might contain some helpful info, the page is no longer available, can’t be found etc. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back