Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johng75

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2004
US
i currently have 2 exchange servers running, a 2k3 and 2010...

when i connect to the OWA for 2010,
i get the logon page, i enter my info and click logon, i can see my inbox and contents for about 3 seconds, then the page blanks out and i get this error:

The ActiveX Control needs to be enabled in Internet Explorer for Outlook Web App to work correctly. Click here to sign out, enable ActiveX control, and then sign in to Outlook Web App.

i get no errors in any of the event logs, the site is a truested site, and security is set to the lowest settings for the trusted sites. my system is on a domain, my account and computer are in an OU with no GPO's assigned to it. my account is an enterprise administrator with no restrictions what so ever... im at a loss...

i keep searching for any activex issues with owa, but unfortunitly came up short...
i am continuing my searchs and figured i would seek help here also...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

--"WOW-- What a Ride!"

if i use firefox on the very same computer, i can access OWA fine... ive tried to reset IE8 with no luck... even compatibility mode i get the error, but no real details as to what i need to resolve this....

this seems to be system independent... and not related to the GPO... no computers are specifed in any OU other then the default... i have 5 computes out in the warehouse, all the same system type, all systems are logged on as a generic warehouse logon... 4 out of 5 can access the exch-2010 owa fine, the 5th gets this error... all 5 of these are using IE7...

all 5 are set to get updates from the same WSUS at the same time... i dont get it...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

--"WOW-- What a Ride!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back