Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX control, Wininstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

scripteaze

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2010
US
Well, I have been tasked with installing an ActiveX Control on about 1400 systems. I have the choice of either installing them through a scripted type push, via bat file or python or even psexec or i could so a capture type package, via wininstall or Wise software. The problem im having is this. If i do regsvr32 someocx.OCX, it tell me that it suceeded, however, its not getting listed in the "Downloaded Program Files" folder. I was told by the vendor of said OCX, that this was odd. On another note, creating the package with Wininstall is fine, however, very messy and tons of reg keys to clean up and lose files. Any easier way to package up an activeX Control?

For the record, the image is clean
when i run the winstall captured package, its stating that my control is Status="Damaged". Any assistance on an easier way to do this would be awsome.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back