Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Control exe? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NataleeP

Programmer
Oct 22, 2001
US
Is there a website I can go to to get the crystal Runtime ActiveX Control download. If I do not have crystal installed on my machine and I want to view a report in crystal reports, I should get prompted to install the ActiveX control, but is there a place on crystals website where I can get an .exe to installl this component beforehand? Just wandering.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the Active X control that lets you view reports on your machine is tied in with the Web deployment configuration of Crystal. I believe the Active X control has to be intentionally installed on your machine so that you can view the reports through a Web Browser. If you have the Administration Guide for Web Deployment (or a similar sounding named guide) that should get you started.

Crystal can't just automatically install viewer components on anyone's machine that trys to open a Crystal Report. This is intentional. It prevents random or non-Crystal users from seeing information that is not intended for them.

LoaferMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back