Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Control buttons disappear after Print Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaWnz

MIS
Dec 10, 2002
NZ
Hi all

This one has me stumped!!

I have an excel spreadsheet with extensive code running all sorts of functions etc - this is all working fine!

I have a button on the front page that allows the user to print preview all the sheets (13 sheets). If you scroll through the various pages in the print preview and then close the print preview - all of the buttons on the front page have disappeared except one (and it's not the print preview button!) along with all the textboxes!! That's 21 buttons and 8 textboxes that just vanish! The buttons that vanish also include some which are not included in the print preview, as defined by the Print Area.

However I have discovered that if you do the print preview and scroll though the pages, but return to the first page before closing the print preview all is okay - no missing buttons.

I have created the buttons using the ActiveX Control toolbar, and copied them to create new ones - same as what I did in the other sheets and their buttons don't disappear.

The only difference between the button that remains is that it's colour and caption vary depending on the value of the textboxes. But the textboxes colour also varies depending on their own value, which is linked to a cell in the workbook.

Any ideas and help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers

Anna

When you right-click either drawing object or activex object (in the design mode) - you can format it, there is option "print object" on the properties tab.

combo

Hi

The buttons all print okay (the PrintObject is true) and print preview okay, it is when I close the print preview that the buttons actually disappear off the worksheet - as if they were never there. ANd when you close the workbook, they don't return. As I say - as if they were never there.

Cheers

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back