Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX control and certificate server

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrabbit

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2002
US
We are having an issue with users on our corporate system who have to download an activex control when they go to our certificate server to request certificates. As an admin when I go to the page it auto matically downloads the activex control with no problem but when a non admin does it it says:

The proper version on the ActiveX control failed to download and install. You may not have sufficient permissons. Please ask your system administrator for assistance.

Obviously is a rights issue but how do I fix it? I can log in as me go to the page where the activex control downloads and then log off and have the user log in and then do the certificate but thats a pain. We were thinking about including the avtice x control on the workstations through a policy in active directory but I have no idea were to find it or how to go about it. Any ideas would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back