Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX component can't create object

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicBoomBand

Technical User
Jun 4, 2004
GB
I have searched this forum and found many people with the same problem, but there have been no conclusive answers to the problem. So I thought I would give it another shot.

Firstly, my PC has just been rebuilt. The line of code written below used to work and works on all other PC's in the office, but for some reason it doesn't work on mine anymore.

set filesys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

filesys is dim'd as object.
I get this dreaded Error 429; "ActiveX component can't create object", that nobody seems to know next to nothing about.

I have checked the references, had our technical support geezers looking at it and searched the web for some sort of answer to the mystery, but to no avail.

If there's somebody out there keeping this knowledge to themselves, please share it with me, I am desperate!!.

Cheers
Andy

Hi,

You may have a .dll missing in the VB library. Reload the MS Office application that you are using.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red]When Viscounts were guillotined just as they were disclosing where their jewels were hidden, it shows to go that you should...
Never hatchet your Counts before they chicken! [tongue][/sub]

You need a reference in your code to Microsoft Scripting Runtime: C:\WINDOWS\System32\scrrun.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back