Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX component can't create object (Err = 429)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralmanza

Programmer
Jun 27, 2000
MX
All my apps are writen in VB5 pro. I upgrade my PC but the new machine had VB6 (Visual Studio 6) pre loaded. No manuals come with this machine so I decided install my VB 5.0 pro. Then the desaster come...<br><br>DAO apps don't works (using DAO 3.5 lib or 3.51) allways appears:<br><br>ActiveX component can't create object (Err = 429)<br><br>when I try open my database <br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;SET DBO = OpenDatabase(dbName$)<br><br>or perform any action on database object<br><br>I have revised - an follow all steps recomended - all about this bug (Q192934,Q240377 at ms suport) and nothing<br><br><br>I know there's a conflict with versions of some files. But how can I fix this bug?<br><br>I have unistalled Visual Studio 6, change from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 an reinstall VB5 and the problem persists.<br><br>Do I need to format HD, install Windows 2000 and then some Office version (97 or 2000) and at last VB5. I need VB5 works fine with these software.<br><br>I don't want to buy VB6 (I'm waiting for VB7)<br><br>

I had the exact same problem, too. I found out that if you reapply service packs for Office, that might fix it (you'll want to be running SP3 on VS97, too).

I have the same problem when I deploy an application which ODBCs to an AS400.<br><br>On the first Win95 customer PC I solved the problem by installing mdac_typ.exe from Visual Studio Patch 3.&nbsp;&nbsp;On the second Win95 customer PC that solution did not work.<br><br>Previous threads on similar 429 errors say you have to trace all the object dependencies to determine which dll's need to be deployed.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't know how to do that.&nbsp;&nbsp;Perhaps someone else might be able to offer advice or tips on how to trace dll dependencies?

I had to use Service Pack 3 and when I distributed my program I had to also distribute DCOM 98.<br><br>Hope this helps, <p>Wally Wojciechowski<br><a href=mailto:wwojo@wilsonpet.com>wwojo@wilsonpet.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Installing DCom95/98 is required to utilize all the good that comes from mdac/ado. Run it before you install. <p>ciaran<br><a href=mailto:ciaranr@albany.jrc.net.au>ciaranr@albany.jrc.net.au</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Thank's to everybody<br><br>Each time I tried one tip there's a new bug on my side. This is the DLL's HELL (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> so I had to backup all my source code, format my HD, install Windows 98, then Office 97 and at last VB5. Hell as done and I'm waiting for VB7 to upgrade all.<br><br>Good programmers!<br><br>ralmanza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back