Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX COM Object

Status
Not open for further replies.

furnitus

Programmer
Feb 18, 2011
US
My task was to convert ActiveX object written in C++ to Vb.Net. After some research I was able to do it successfully. But for that I had used a different name for the Object and class.
They wanted me to change so that the Vb.Net COM object had the same name as the C++ object and would work with the existing proxies. I made a copy of the working Vb.Net Project and changed the COM Object name wherever I found it throughout the Visual studio 2012 solution.
When I try to deploy the object on any COM server that used to host the original C++ object with same name, it gives me all sorts of wierd errors.
The method I am using to deploy the COM object is by deleting the object from the COM Application in "Component Services" and trying to add a new object from the "Component Services" Tool.
I tried deleting all instances of the object from Programs, from the registry and from Component services, but still it says "object is already registered" and does not go further.
What is the best way to create and deploy COM object in newer technonology, keeping name and GUID same.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back