Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX cannot create object

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsilveira

MIS
Feb 7, 2005
CA
Hi everyone,

I have developed an access application for 25 users. All of whom have upgraded to office 2003. However, it seems one 1 user,is receiving the following error message:

ActiveX cannot create object

I have looked at the Microsoft site, and can't seem to figure out why this error is occuring. I checked for missing references and tried what they suggest on however, still with no luck.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
jsilveira

jsilveira,

you should provide the code that runs at the moment that errors out and exactly at which line.

Hi,

here is the code:
Set rsUserId = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT PM_ID,PM_name FROM tbl_PM WHERE PM_ID='" & Form_frm_USER_LOGIN.txtUser.Value & "'", DB_OPEN_DYNASET)

The strange thing, is that it is only occuring on 1 pc of out 25 users. So that leaves me to think the installation of office on that pc has not been done correctly or the pc needs to be cleaned.

thanks,
jsilveira

And this ?
Dim myDb As DAO.Database, rsUserId As DAO.RecordSet
Set myDb = CurrentDb
Set rsUserId = myDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT PM_ID,PM_name FROM tbl_PM WHERE PM_ID='" & Form_frm_USER_LOGIN.txtUser.Value & "'", DB_OPEN_DYNASET)

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Take a look at faq705-2882. It fixes the problem the majority of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back