Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX cab deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

B00gyeMan

Programmer
Jan 14, 2004
RO
I have an assembly writen in c#, marked COM visible. And a CAB setup project containing the project output of that assembly. Typically, the .aspx page contains a <object id="myControl1" name="myControl1" classid="...guid...here..." style="width:100%; height:100%" codebase="myCAB.cab"></object>

First time IE automatically informs user that i'm trying to install an ActiveX control and presents him with the dialog "Do you want to install ActiveX control...." and if the user agrees, IE installs the files in the CAB archive. It successfully extracts my assembly. But that is not enough, I have to run "regasm myAssembly.dll /codebase" in order for a CCW to be created to be used by IE. How to I do that? How do I tell the setup CAB project to register my assembly via regasm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back