Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

activex and Word userforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

iris12

Programmer
Jan 31, 2010
I have created a userform in Word XP+2007.

The database for the user form is an Access XP+2007 database.

I was asked if the user form works with Activex.

I know that in Word 2007 there are special Activex fields when working with fields within a word document... When I'm creating a userform in 2007 - there are no special Activex fields in the tools.

My question: Does the userform works automatically with Activex? If not... What can I do so it will work with Activex.

thank you

Iris

First, check this link: which comes from googling "define:ActiveX".

Here are several sample definitions:

Software components from Microsoft. (No they aren't.) They enable sound, Java applets and animations to be integrated in a Web page. (There are probably some out there that do.)

A programming interface (API) (No, it isn't) that allows web browsers to download and execute Windows programs. (This is only one of the things that ActiveX technologies do.)

Microsoft technology for adding dynamic content to web pages. (Again, only one of the things that they do. Like answering the question "who was Benjamin Franklin?" by saying he's the guy who invented bifocals.)

(This one is more accurate:) Phrase appearing everywhere COM technology is used, e.g. ActiveXControl, ActiveXServer, etc.

(This one is a little more detailed, and accurate:)
A loosely defined set of technologies developed by Microsoft. ActiveX is an outgrowth of two other Microsoft technologies called OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) and COM (Component Object Model). As a moniker, ActiveX can be very confusing because it applies to a whole set of COM-based technologies.

So, as you can see, the term ActiveX is so broad as to be pretty much useless on its own. You may want to revisit the requirements (what do we want to do, instead of how do we want to do it) to get a clearer picture of what you need to do. Then you may want to repost to a VBA forum, because this one isn't often visited anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back