Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveSync - weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goatman88

MIS
Nov 17, 2010
Backend: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Sp2 on Windows 2003 SP2
Frontend: Same except Exchange is Std.

Weird things happening since recent patching of these 2 servers (coincidence?). After patching both everything seemed OK but about 8 hours later ActiveSync stopped working. I was getting Event ID 3031 repeatedly. MS won't help because it's a virtualized environment which they don't support.

After a bunch of looking around I noticed that in IIS on the backend server, in Default Website|Exchange folder-> properties -> Directory Security tab -> Authentication and Access Control -> "Integrated Windows Authentication" was not checked. I can't imagine a patch turning that off but I enabled it then stopped and restarted the website and communication was restored. Great!! But the weird thing is that 4 days later it reverts to its original setting all on its own. I go back in and re-check the box again and all is well again. But 2 hours later it's unchecked again!!! Why would this setting change itself?

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back