Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveSync users lost connection after security update

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheatreGuy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2002
US
I have a mobile device with Windows Mobile and one with the Android OS. I support 4 Blackberry's. Last week after installing security updates on my Exchange server all of the mobile phones quit working. I now have the Blackberry's working but the others are still not. The Windows mobile user gets "Error 0x85010014" everytime he tries to connect.

What might be causing this?

thats your basic cannot connect error. Is your cert services etc running ok?

Allen White MCSE,MCSA,MCITP,MCTS,CCA,CCSP,VCP
IT Problems? the fix may be here

I am able to use OWA without any issues. Everything looks as it should with no errors in the application log referencing certificates. The Blackberry issue was about a service not starting. This could be similar but I haven't found what it is not doing yet.

The Blackberry problem was solved by adding a couple of ports to DNS. Could it be something similar?

Yeah, id check in IIS if the sites have started first of all....

Allen White MCSE,MCSA,MCITP,MCTS,CCA,CCSP,VCP
IT Problems? the fix may be here

I have learned from this experience not to install a second NIC. This server only came with one so I installed a second. As soon as I disabled it everything started to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back