Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveSync failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

snotty54

Technical User
Jun 28, 2010
KY
I posted this in Exchange first but it may be more appropriate in this forum, if not I apologize.
If any kind soul can point me in the right direction, as I have no clue where to look next. My activesync just went down and no event preceeded it, to cause it, to my knowledge. One site suggested my authentication may have gotten corrupted and to delete my virtual directory and create a new one. I followed the directions carefully using EMS, and it won't create the new directory. I did use the "Get-ActiveSyncVirtualDirectory" command to get the correct name first, and after removing it carefully used the New command to install a new one but it failed. It also stopped my DSF Name Service and had to restart that.When I force a sync with my smartphone it reacts the same way as it did before I removed the virtual directory so I'm thinking this was the prob.Can anyone steer me to a specific procedure to recreate the virtual directory? I need a step by step as I am not an IT professional as most of you are, but a new, learning admin.Thanks, Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back