Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activesync + Certificates

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevePB

Technical User
Dec 6, 2001
GB
I've just got a Win Mobile 6.5 phone, previously had Win Mob 5 phone. The new phone won't sync with my work Exchange server. All settings match those on the old phone. I copied the SSL certificate from the server to the phone and installed it, but it will only install in the "intermediate" store. From what I've read it looks like it has to be in the "root" store. I can't see any way to control this. Can anyone help ?

In case anyone has the same problem, this is what worked for me:

To perform the following procedure on a Windows Mobile powered device, make sure that you have a connection between the device and a desktop or portable computer. In addition, the desktop or portable computer must be joined to the domain. For Windows XP computers, you will use Desktop ActiveSync to form this connection. For Windows Vista computers, you will use the Windows Mobile Device Center.

To use ActiveSync to enroll for a certificate from a corporate server

1. With your device connected to your computer, within ActiveSync or the Windows Mobile Device Center, click Tools --> Advanced
Tools --> Get Device Certificates.
2. From the "View" drop-down box, select "Certificate types from Active Directory"
3. Choose "Administrator" in the "Certificate Types" window and then click "Enroll".
4. Under "Get Device Certificate", click "Yes" to continue.
5. Your Windows Mobile 6.0 device will prompt you to confirm the installation process. Click Continue on the device.
6. A second prompt may appear on the device. If this occurs, select "Install".
7. After you have seen the success dialog box at the end of the enrollment process, click "OK" on your computer
8. Repeat 1 - 7 choosing "User" in step 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back