Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveSync 3.7 will not install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data69

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
US
I have an Axim PDA and I cannot get Activesync 3.7 to install on my Windows 2000 desktop. I select the executable to start the installation. The indows digital signature page appears. I select yes to continue the installation. The ActiveSync copies files to the hard drive. Once the files stop copying, the Activesync never starts the installation process. I have seen this question posted on the google groups, but no one has an answer to a possible fix. Has anyone seen this issue?

I am having the same problem - did you solve this problem? thanks .. ny2la36@dc.rr.com

I use Windows 2000 and a Dell Axim PDA too. As my installation ran without issue the only suggestion I have is the usual are you logged on with administrator priviledges? The other difference may be a firewall or the need to install SP4 both of which I have running.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ActiveSync 3.7 in effort to address a sync issue I've been having but since worked around.

Found a fix to ActiveSync 3.7 problem on not installing. Remove any ActiveSync folder under c:\Programs, get a fresh copy of AS 3.7 from microsoft.com, then remove or disable Norton Antivirus,... that does the trick ! NY2LA36@rr.com

Another work around that I found to work is uninstall Active Sync 3.7, install 3.5 then upgrade to 3.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back