Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveState install Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackiv31

Programmer
May 25, 2006
US
Ok figured out the package manager for ActivePerl.. but I'm having trouble installing SpreadSheet::WriteExcel.

I checked out this page:

and next to windows, it says it failed... So I think thats why its not showing up in my Perl Package Manager.

I've linked to two external repositories, bribes and uwinnipeg.. but they don't have the ppm either.

How can I install this package? Where can I find it? Is it possible to manually download a package from CPAN and install it myself under windows (the tar file)? The PackageManager simplifies it so well, but for this one it isn't working.. hmmm

If you want the most stable package installations you might want to go back to 5.8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those who say it cannot be done are usually interrupted by someone else doing it; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

5.8 says it failed as well.. how will that change it?

Well it says it failed... but I downgraded to 5.88 and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back