Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active X viewer or IE problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgmr

Programmer
Dec 30, 2001
US
Hi,
CR 8.5, CE 8.0, IE 6.0, Active X viewer.
I have a web page with links to reports. User clicks on a report, selects parameters and report is viewed w/ Active X.
Thru Active X (not CR though) my reports have some fields that overlay other fields on my report. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks in Advance

In case anyone else has this issue, I changed my link to include cmd=export&export_fmt=u2fpdf:0. This exports it to a PDF and all fields are fine. This is workable until I find a solution.

I had a similar issue, and what was suggested in a post I found was the following:

For the fields that overlap, change the 'Can Grow' property to 'Yes'(in this case confirm that it is checked), and set the 'Maximum Number of lines' value equal to 1. These can both be found on the Common tab of the Format Editor.

I would also make sure that you specify the printer that was used to design the report within CE so the correct printer drivers are used when the report is outputted to the view.

Hope this helps!
Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back