Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active X controls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hi,
I have intergrated a third party active x control into my application, the problem is that when ever I install my app on another system, the activex control has to have already been installed on that system. Is it possible to just have the active x control added to the executable like a package during the compile or link process?

Thanks

Yes, that should be possible. Do you have Build with Runtime Packages unchecked in the options menu? How did you integrate the activeX control into borland? Through the "Install ActiveX Control" menu?

Chris

I do indeed have it unchecked, and I used the "Install ActiveX Control" menu. This in turn allowed me to drag and drop the control onto my form. Now though, when I go to run a program on a system, without the activex control installed on it, I get a "class not found" error.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back