Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active window keep changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenherder

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2003
CA
Hello, I am going nuts here.

My window 7 Pro, 64 bit HP Probook 4520s keep loosing the active windows. i am in Word, outlook, IE, Chrome what ever and I type away and I loose the active page and I continue typing but am not in the window. This just started happening. i ran a Malware scan, no luck. I disabled my mouse pad and am just using a USB mouse and it still is not working.
Any other ideas? This is driving me bonkers!

Thanks
Matt

Have you tried System Restore to get back to before the problem?

How to repair the operating system and how to restore the operating system configuration to an earlier point in time in Windows Vista (or 7)

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

What is it like from Safe Mode? If the fault is not repeatable in Safe Mode try the clean boot procedure.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Have you tested with another user in Normal Mode?

You might find a few clues in these older articles?

How can I find out which application is stealing focus in Vista?

Programs May Start, Quit, Lose, and Gain Focus Randomly

Thanks, I found the process and killed it.
For me it was my skydrivelogin.exe from Galdinet.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back