Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

muosman

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
GB
Active Sync is working fine on 3 hand for the last 3 months. Today I configed the same hand set today for another user and got the an error:

On the device : activesync encountered a problem on the server activesync 0x85010004

On the exchange :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Server ActiveSync
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3031
Date: 12/18/2006
Time: 10:04:52 AM
User: CALEDUS\PHowlett
Computer: CALUK03
Description:
The mailbox server [CALUK03.Caledus.local] does not allow "Negotiate" authentication to its [exchange] virtual directory. Exchange ActiveSync can only access the server using this authentication scheme. For information about how to configure Exchange virtual directory settings, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 817379, "Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003" ( For information about how to properly configure IIS to support Kerberos and NTLM authentication, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 215383, "How To Configure IIS to Support Both Kerberos and NTLM Authentication" ( This issue may occur after installing Windows SharePoint Services on a server running Exchange Server 2003. For information about how to properly configure a server to run both Windows SharePoint Services and Exchange Server 2003, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 823265, "You receive a "Page not found" error message when you use Outlook Web Access (OWA) to browse the Exchange Server 2003 client after you install Windows SharePoint Services" (For more information, see Help and Support Center at
I went into IIS / Default Web Site / Exchange / Directory security / Authentication and access control and checked the Integrated Windows Authentication box. This worked I got the device syncing but not OWA is not working grrrr. Any advice welcome

\\muos o(-_-)o

EDIT

Active Sync is working fine on 3 hand sets (I-Mates) for the last 3 months

\\muos o(-_-)o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back