Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active link question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactus1000

Programmer
Aug 31, 2001
US
I have a page with left and right frames. The left frame contains links which are set to a different color when active. This works fine as long as the user uses my links to navigate -- clicking on a link causes the new link to be in the active state.

However, if the user hits the "back" button to go to a previous page, the active link does not change (since no new link has been clicked). Now the active link is out of synch with what is displayed in the right frame.

Is there an "onBack" function that would re-set the active state to the previously clicked link?

um...the only thing i could think of you could try would be to use onUnload="history.go(1)" im not sure what will happen when the user exits out of the page becuase onUnload will fire everytime you go back or exit the page
you could try and see what happens.
Jammer1221

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back