Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Line Direct Pick-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPTA

Technical User
Oct 18, 2013
US
IPO Partner mode R11.0.4.3(Key Mode) w/1 combo card.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why I cannot get the, Direct Line Pick-up Active Line Feature, to work on the 9508 series phones?
What I'm trying to accomplish is picking up a call put on hold from an analog extension. The analog phone is a cordless, so the call is answered and put on hold using the flash key.
I programmed a blank button with (Int68LL) on the 9508's, but when trying to retrieve the call by pushing the programmed button and then dialing the 2 digit line number(01 depending what line was put on hold), the display on the 9508 reads "Incompatible".
Are the line codes perhaps not 01,02,03? or if this feature doesn't work, is there another solutions for my dilemma?
For some reason, selecting the flashing red button signifying the call's on hold on the 9508 doesn't connect to the call either.

Based on a real Partner system, try having the cordless press Flash and dial their OWN extension number. This will "park" the call, picking up the parked call would be 6+the extension number that parked it, although 68+line number should work as well. See if that works on the wonderful Partner emulation known as IP Office Partner Mode

Thanks Triple T!
I'll give call pickup a try (I6xx) and see if I can even get that to work, but I don't think that will work for what I'm ultimately trying to accomplish.

To take my original post a little further, after pressing the flash key and putting the call on hold from the cordless, I want the cordless user to be able to page/announce(I*71) that a call is on hold "at line x or y for whoever". I have the calling group(1) all set up and that aspect all works fine from the cordless, its just now a matter of retrieving the call from the 9508's at line x or y. I think that by using call pickup(I6xx) it would add to the confusion of using the cordless phone. I'm trying to keep things simple.

The cordless has no way of knowing which outside line they are putting on hold. So if the cordless is Ext. 15, they would flash, dial 15, then hang up. Go off hook again and dial *71 to page "Customer holding on 6815" so someone can pick it up. At least that's how it worked on a Partner, and it does require a customer that is willing to work with the limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back