Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Form losing focus to a maximised app running behind it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetdaddy

Programmer
Jun 10, 1999
AU
I KNOW this is a common problem, coz Ive had it happen in other VB apps. Especially when using a C coded plugin and then going back to the vb app main form.<br>
<br>
So if this is a VB5 bug of some sort, Id love to know! Just release me from this merry-go-round of painful focus-loss! PLEASE!<br>
<br>
So to explain it in detail :<br>
<br>
- Clicking 'yes' or 'cancel' on a custom message box form. To return to the MDI form<br>
- If another app is maximised behind it, the app im working - in minimizes itself, showing the unwanted maximised - app that is behind it?<br>
<br>
- I have used "frmMDI.ActiveForm.ZOrder 0" to release the focus back to the main form, but the flicker is still very noticeable and looks shitty.<br>
<br>
PLEASE HELP ME!

Have you tried giving focus to the MDI form from the text box form when a user clicks on Yes or Cancel; THEN closing the text box form from the DMI form after it recieves focus?<br>
<br>
(i.e. the text box form disappears BEHIND the DMI for, then is closed silently in the background)<br>
<br>
<br>
-Robherc<br>
robherc@netzero.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back