Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

aktaton

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2002
US
Greetings to all,

I have installed Active directory Administrative tools on windows 2000 Workstation and when I tried to use it, it returned the following error: “The naming information cannot be located because: the server is not operational”. I joined the domain and logged on to the domain as the domain admin and also extracted win2k sp4 in a folder and used the Adminpak.msi in that folder to installed Active directory Administrative tools. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Does the Server has SP4 installed? Did you run Adminpak.msi from the extracted folder of SP4? If you did, de-install and run it from X:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\adminpak.msi

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

Does the Server has SP4 installed? Did you run Adminpak.msi from the extracted folder of SP4? If you did, de-install and run it from X:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\adminpak.msi of the server that will be administered.

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back