Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active directory 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

myown

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
GB
hi
I am from a company that has merged with another company we both have windows 2000 active directory setup on two different domains.
i have setup a trusted link between the two which works fine (but this is not transitive), but i have a problem within the active directory users and groups console as i cannot seem to have two domains open in the same console only one or the other.
i.e domain.com or domain1.com
does anyone know if you can have both open in the same console.
if this was the case i could then make a security group in one domain and add users to this from the other domain, because that's what i want to do.
please give me some advise asap.
thanks
Mark.

If your trust is working you shouldn't need to have both domains open at one time ( I don't think you can do this anyway). If you create a Domain Local Security Group, you should be able to add users and global groups from the other domain simply by browsing for it through the Add option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back