Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory Install for Win98 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensibilium

Programmer
Apr 6, 2000
GB
Hi all,

I have an issue with a Windows98 client on my network (Client/Server - SBS2000), in that the network connection is really slow between itself and the server (every other Win98 client runs top speed), I'm not sure of what is causing this problem, but I do remember installing AD Services for Win98 on that machine ages back, and I believe this could be causing the slowdown.

So, does anyone how to uninstall Active Directory Services for Win98 please?

I already posted this in the Win98 forum, but have had no response. I have put it here as the setup files were actually downloaded from the Windows2000 site.

Cheers. Ahdkaw
Laptop Cauldrons run Thudex GUI

How in the world can you install Active Directory on a Window 98 OS?

[pipe]
Trimelater

Well, good question, but I do have the install files, which I got from Microsoft about a year or two ago...

I'll search for a link and show you. :) Ahdkaw

might be able to help you. It is for NT4.0, but might be usable for 98 Vince Grice
vgrice@hotmail.com
MCSE Win2K, NT; MCSA; MCP+I
favicon.ico

I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow.
- Woodrow Wilson

The files are now on the 2000 CD Vince Grice
vgrice@hotmail.com
MCSE Win2K, NT; MCSA; MCP+I
favicon.ico

I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow.
- Woodrow Wilson

you shouldnt need to have any thhing installed to use win98 on a 2k domain. the first dc installed on a 2k domain becomes a pdc emulator to enable legacy os's to login so i would try to uninstall that prog and see what happens

Ah but you see, I installed it before I had a W2K server, just to see what it was more than anything else. Curiosity killed the cat and all that, eh? ;)

vgrice, what do you mean the files are on the 2000 CD? What are the files? Where are they? Do they successfully uninstall AD services for Win98? A bit more info would be helpful, thank you. =) Ahdkaw

Have you tested the nic? I'd try that first, before I start changing software. DSCLIENT.EXE is correct. I've never used it, but I've got it burned on a cd in case I want to use it. Mixed enviorment here, never had a need for it. Good luck. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944); French aviator and writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back