Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesmith

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2001
IE
I have read thread333-119488 and it makes sense to use the permissions on each folder to stop unwanted users to log in, unfortunately i need to go a little further, I am looking into the software that is featured on the same thread but i'm a bit dubious as to whether it does exactly what i want.

I am going to be opening up our sql server through ASP to not only our staff but also to our clients... this also means any other jo that decides to take a look.

What i want to be able to do is have a member of staff login to an innitial check screen (internal), then they can see only what we want them to, i.e. their client information.

I want them to be able to set up users for our clients through the ASP's so that the clients can log on to our external site and only see the information for them!

Basically i want the SQL database to run the AD updating it with new clients, new internal users, clients/passwords, permissions.

ASP whould log in using the users from AD and modifications can be made, well by me anyway. But i want to be able to cancel users permissions etc at the press of a button (such as if they decide to stop using us) so manual changes do not have to be relied upon.

If this doesn't make sense then i can extend on any questions!

my head is swimming today

Any ideas etc would be greatly appreciated

DaveSmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back