Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory and LAE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnEvans

Programmer
Sep 26, 2003
US
hello,

I am trying to run Cognos PowerPlay transformer and establish a connection to an Oracle datasource. Seemed simple enough, until I realized that Cognos has a new found dependency on an Active Directory Server. I don't have access to an active directory server and don't have access to an older version any Cognos app. Which, as far as I can tell, means that I can't set up any data sources in the Architect, becuse the architect relies on the the Access manager to direct it to various namespaces, and I don't have any namespaces because I can't create an LAE file because I have no active directory to create it from. Sooo, because I have no LAE file defined in my configuration file i can't really do anything. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a way to create an LAE file from scratch, so I don't have to rely on the existance of an active directory or a legacy AUT file (Cognos' older authenticator file). Any and all help would be very appriciated.

Regards,
Shawn

Active Directory server is NOT a must. In fact, if you want to use a directory server, you can install Netscape Directory Server which is bundled on the Supplementary Software CD that came with your package. If you do not want to use a directory server and you want to use security, you can create lae files via the Access Manager administration GUI. Keep in mind that lae files are NOT to be used as a security source for production environments ... but that is another story for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back