Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory: adding a New User Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jupiter3000

Technical User
Aug 21, 2002
VE
Adding a new user to active directory should be piece of cake, but after I added a new user, I try to set him up on the new client computer and won't allow me , User doesn't exist on my domain...? a friend told me to wait until the server replicate the information but I think I waited enough and still showing the same error... user doen not exist on your domain... any clues...???

That's no much information to go on. Does his entry appear in the console? Check the spelling carefully. Are there any relevant entries in the event log? Have you successfully done this before? One DC or many? Can you log him onto an existing machine?
We want MORE....<insert wicked laugh> ;).

Try using Replication Monitor from Windows 2000 Support Tools, you can trigger the replication as well as watch errors and replication times. You can find this tool in the Windows 2000 Server CD.

- Zoe, that's ZOH-EEE, get it right please
- Just a little ol' MCP at Solien Technology
-

If your using a XP box then I suggest you log into the network as the domain administrator then just log out do not shut down or restart - then log in as the new user -
works ever time for me.

bob

"ZOINKS !!!!!"

Shaggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back