Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Directory 2000 and older NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrinberg

MIS
Feb 4, 2004
US
Hello! We have 1 main location and 2 remote locations. They used to run NT servers using WINS to resolve names between locations. I upgraded the servers at Main location to 2000 and now its running in Mixed Mode. I also istalled DNS at main location and remote computers use the mains location DNS servers. Each location has 1 BDC NT server. Can someone explain to me what would happen if our link would go down? Would local users be able to Authenticate at the BDC without my intervention? The local computers check DNS to find AD server, but DNS would be unreachable, so whats the next step?? Can someone explain this process to me please.
Thank You!

Everything you want to know can be found at Microsoft's website; the quick answers are around here...

You may want to look at your WAN traffic because if you have AD installed, every login needs to access the Global Catalog... and several other things only at the Master site...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back