Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Desktop Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superbaker

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2002
US
I have active desktop setup to display part of a webpage. The image shows up fine but there are scroll bars on the bottom and right of the image that lets you scroll and view the rest of the webpage. I have the certain section I'm interested in setup in the current view. Is there a way to get rid of the scroll bars so I will show only the certain part of the webpage.

Thanks

James

unless the webpage is setup to display the same size as your desktop resolution happens to be - i dont know how else this would be possible. Programatically, yes, but not something for users....rather IE or XP developers.
I may be misunderstanding your question though?

Say you want stock tips from MSN's page displayed on your desktop and nothing else...you can get the stock tips section to display, but it has scroll bars for the rest of the page to show?

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Thats basically it. There is a small section of the webpage that I want to see on the desktop. I resized the window just to show the small portion of the screen that I want. The scroll bars allow you to scroll and view the rest of the webpage.

the only way i know would be if you were the admin of the webpage you would be able to disable scrol bars. However as i do not believe that is the issue you could always go low tech and move the page to the righ hand side of your desktop and hide the scroll bars by moving it slightly off screen. I know its low tech but may just work. good luck.

Semper Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back