Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active Content security warning 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpl458

Technical User
Sep 30, 2009
US
Have AP that always display Security Warning Some active content has been disabled. Is there a way to disable that in vba so users don't have to answer it, or do I have to set it in the Trust Settings. And if so what is the real risk?

Thanks

jpl

If you could programatically disable, then it would make ANY MS application not ever secure.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

You can, however have your application create a trusted location by modifiying the registry. The user will have to accept at the first security prompt. Creating a form for settings is the logical way to manage this.

thefarg, don't quite follow. What would I put on the security form? or should I have the users just hit Enable and say YES to "Do you wnat to make this a trusted document". I was trying to avoid that.

Thanks

jpl

Its not just creating a trusted document, but a trusted location, same as if you went into security settings to do it. I was just suggesting a "settings" form where you could create this location and remove if the user/admin/whatever decides. With windows security settings, its best to give an option to put the settings back as you found them. Not difficult, it could be as simple as a tick box. However, if you prefer you could have some startup code that just implements it to start with. User will still have to trust the project for the first time, to get the code to run. Or an installer can do it. Or numerous other ways to implement it. Whats your preference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back