Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activating VOIP virtual channels on UCP600 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf91

Technical User
May 8, 2004
US
I have added the 8 channel VOIP license to a new UCP600 with 300 system licenses but I don't see the extra 8 CO VOIP trunks other than the original 6 VOIU that come with the system. Is there somewhere in the programming that the new trunks have to be activated?

Thanks for any info,

nightwolf

I found the answer in the F&O manual.....under
SYSTEM ID &
NUMBERING PLANS
1)Device Port Number Change 2)Virtual Registration 3)Device Type 4)Device ID
Hope this is helpful.

nightwolf

There are only 6 channels on the main system, you need to add a voim module to increase the number of channels.

Thanks OldAndKnackered,

Your response was definitely the correct one in my case.

To cody64 .... your response would also work but I am not using a VOIM module but instead I am adding VOIP channels via licensing.

Thanks for responding.

nightwolf

put the license in first giveing you the extra 8 channels . then go to the virtual device registration and select co and then voim sw and put virtual mac to on and leave it at max ports it will only put in what your licensed for .

regards

Martin Hodge .

please note your best making sure the system uses single codec only as well . and make sure the codec is the same accross all channels etc .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back