Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

activating call pilot desktop messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

llathrop

MIS
Mar 22, 2005
US
I have call pilot 1.07.09 on an option 11, and I am trying to figure out how to set up unified messaging.

What I would like to happen is for users to recieve an email when they have a message. When I look through the system, every option that I can find that might be related is greyed out.

Is their something that I need to purchase to activate these items, or is their simply an option that must be checked first to activate them?

Please let me know if I can provide any more info!

Thanks,
Luke Lathrop

Desktop Messaging is a keycoded feature, so yes, you have to buy it; however, you may have 20 free licenses and you that you are not aware of, depending on when you got your Call Pilot.

Can you build a mailbox class that allows desktop messaging? On the server itself, you can check the Call Pilot features (I believe) and it should tell you how many mailboxes you are licensed for.

nope, it looks like I am not lucky like that. Any ideas on how bad the pricing is going to hurt me? What do they run per user?

Thanks,
Luke Lathrop

You really need to contact your vendor for that one as it depends on how your system is configured, etc., and what discounts are available right now.....and a bunch of other stuff. I only implement, don't get into pricing. Last time I tried to "guesstimate" how much something might cost, I was about $25,000 off. Sorry, good luck.

And to pile on the misery, you will need to purchase an upgrade. 1.07.09 is quite old now, and you won't be able to purchase additional licenses.

Current software is CallPilot 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back