Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activating a modem line

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxer

Programmer
Feb 20, 2004
US
Hello:

I have TTI'd all the necessary digital phones, but I am not sure how to deal with a modem line. Do I just manually assign a analog port on the PBX, make sure that port follows through to the correct tech plate and the modem line should be active?

Thank you

That's the way I've done it. But I've also taken an analog phone to the site of the analog modem jack and tested it by plugging that phone in and making a test call on the analog phone.

There's probably an easier way, but I don't have a lot of experience - so doing it this way tells me for sure that the analog line is active.

Hope this helps.

Jo Ann :)

I usually take my analog phone set to the modem location, and I will TTI the station in.

Susan
[sub]You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.[/sub]
[sup]Aristophanes, 424 B.C.[/sup]

[sup]Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.

Thank you all very much for your help.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back