Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activating A Door Lock with a Merlin Legend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

longneck

MIS
Aug 30, 2001
US
What do I need to get to have my Merlin Legend system open an electronic door lock? I know there are devices that will open a doorlock on a signal via a T/R line, but I don't remember what they are called or where to buy one.

you wqnt a "Universal Door Phone System, pec code 5324-001". used to list at lucentdirect for ~$700, +installation.

it connects through a spare trunk port on the legend.

pretty flexible system; not very complicated; should be what you need....

you may contact us if you have difficulty locating one.

joseph migliore
pbs, inc.
jm2@bellatlantic.net

There is a company called Viking which sells this type of equipment. It is not as expensive as the last persons recommendation. It hooks into a CO port. It works fairly well. It is sold at Graybar and they have a website at vikingelectronics.com

What I ended up doing was buying a relay from that open or closes a dry contact when there is ringing current. It only cost about 20 bucks. The set up works real nice because I can program an auto-dial button on the phones that will open the door, and I don't have to train the users to push # to activate the lock. I also don't have to have a device that picks up the line, like the Viking requires.

- Kip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back