Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activate Table Key Lookup in categories module

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherriffot

Programmer
Apr 30, 2015
MA
Hello !!!

I installed Opentext content server 10.5 and Table Key Lookup feature doesn't appear in categories module. I want to activate this feature. How can i do???

Best regards.

Are you a new entrant into open text technologies? AFAIK after you install a module you don't have to ado anything else,because if the module is installed correctly it adds a new category type called "Table Key".If you are not seeing it there chances are it is did not install correctly or you may be missing patches that this module requires.

In some cases some very paranoid administrators will use the feature of "Administer Object and Usage Privileges" ?func=admin.adminfactories and lock it down to people.This is a standard practice in OT you can restrict nodetypes and actions as well.so check to see "Open Text Attribute Extensions Add or Edit 'Text:Table Key Lookup' Attributes Unrestricted " says unrestricted or whether it has a group or user specified.If all fails run the livelink URL as the user 'Admin' and see making sure you are in the correct server if it is acluster

Other ways to trouble shoot is

a)ask OT support through a ticket
2)On a particular server increase its logging to debug=2 and wantlogs=true and re-start that server.Now casually look in the logs area for any files starting with trace*.These indicate code crashes which should not happen in a good system.Also check the upgrade modules section to see if any remnants of OT attrib extensions is placed there.

BTW :Post a response whether something works or not works.If you are satisfied with forum member's response,consider giving them a star.I am appalled by the amount of people posting here and running with advice never to thank any one about it.It does not work that way.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back