Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activate emergency message by off site telephone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortellian

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
US
I want to give the users the ability to activate an emergency message play to all callers. They need the ability to do this from offsite. We have CC 6.0.
Calls to the users phone number go to a CDN, the cdn points to a script and for report reasons the script immediately points the call to call pilot for their menu choices then the menu choices point back to different CDN's. I want to play the emergency message in the first script before the call goes to menu choices. How can I program a boolean so if the user calls into the system they can set the boolean true or false to activate and deactivate the pre-recorded emergency message?

You will need to use a wild call variable or HDX. I have done both and they can both be successfull. You may also want to consider using a password to activate the flag from true\false.

Post the code that you have written so far.

I have a script that basically points the call to a menu in voice mail by Give IVR. I want to be able to have an emergency message play in front of the Give IVR. I think I am just going to input in the script "If skillset X is closed during business hours then play emergency message' (I know this isn't the scripting language, I will use correct scripting language.

If you have the scripting you have used that give users the ability to remotely activate a pre-recorded message then please post. I will probably be able to figure out everything by reading your script.

easy to do, firstly you dont want this open to abuse, so use a if clid = xxxxxx then open voice session, press 1 to activate message or 2 to deactivate message, using the readvar savevar options this can be done.

the code will cost you £500 to use as I have now applied for a patent on my hard work
can't remember if the code below is absolutely bang on, so you will need to tweak it if need be.

Assign 0 to wv_emerg_evac_ passcode_counter
Open voice session
Play prompt voice segment vs_emergency_welcome
Close voice session
IF CLID <> Evac_CLID_check_gv THEN
Open voice session Play prompt voice segment vs_emergency_not_authorised
End voice session

DISCONNECT
END IF

Section passcode
ASSIGN 0 TO digit_collect_cv
OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT Evac_IVR_pls_enter_passcode
COLLECT 4 DIGITS INTO digit_collect_cv
INTER DIGIT TIMER 6
END VOICE SESSION

READVAR wv_emerg_evac_passcode
IF wv_emerg_evac_passcode <> digit collect_cv THEN

Open voice session play prompt voice session vs_wrong_passcode
End voice session

Repeats for three attempts

READVAR wv_emerg_evac_passcode_counter
IF wv_emerg_evac_ passcode_counter < 3 THEN
ASSIGN wv_emerg_ passcode_counter +1 TO wv_emerg_ passcode_counter
Else
disconnect
END IF
SAVEVAR

Execute passcode

Plays current status
READVAR wv_emerg_evac_cv
IF wv_emerg_evac_cv < 0 THEN open voice prompt play voice session vs_emr_activated
End voice session
Else
open voice prompt play voice session vs_emr_deactivated
End voice session

SECTION collect_digits

OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT Evac_IVR_msg_gv
COLLECT 1 DIGITS INTO digit_collect_cv
INTER DIGIT TIMER 3
END VOICE SESSION

WHERE digit_collect_cv EQUALS

VALUE 1 : EXECUTE evac_activate
VALUE 2 : EXECUTE evac_deactivate
DEFAULT : EXECUTE continue

END WHERE

SECTION continue

OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT Evac_IVR_msg_gv
COLLECT 1 DIGITS INTO digit_collect_cv
INTER DIGIT TIMER 3
END VOICE SESSION

WHERE digit_collect_cv EQUALS
VALUE 1 : EXECUTE evac_activate
VALUE 2 : EXECUTE evac_deactivate
DEFAULT : DISCONNECT
END WHERE

SECTION evac_activate

READVAR wv_emerg_evac_cv
IF wv_emerg_evac_cv < 1 THEN
ASSIGN wv_emerg_evac_cv +1 TO wv_emerg_evac_cv
END IF
SAVEVAR

DISCONNECT

SECTION evac_deactivate

READVAR wv_emerg_evac_cv
IF wv_emerg_evac_cv > 0 THEN
ASSIGN wv_emerg_evac_cv -1 TO wv_emerg_evac_cv
END IF
SAVEVAR

DISCONNECT

If you are using IVR and don't have Access Channels, this won't work. But your check for a skillset being manned will.

Thanks for the info. We do have access ports. I will be working on this and post later the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back