Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activate/Deactivate Massage Lamp in IP Office 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GStim

Vendor
Nov 25, 2002
US
I am looking to find out what the short code is to Activate/Deactivate the Massage Lamp in the IP Office..and can it be changed. I am trying to link an IPO/S8100/and voicemail (Objectworld) utilizing centralized voicemail. The code in vm 180 to activate and 181 to deactivate the lamps on the definity. Can this be changed on the IPO to reflect those codes?

The following is copied from the Engineers Toolkit for IPO.
Hope this helps......

Note that not all systems support voicemail or have voicemail installed.
– To switch voicemail on dial *18, to switch it off dial *19.

[cheers] Bottoms up!

Actually my previous post was in error. All that does is turn voice mail on or off for the ext. I dont think IPO has what you are talking about. On Definity, this is used for leave word calling, and I've never seen that in IPO.
Sorry about the confusion.

[cheers] Bottoms up!

There is no code to light the msg light in the IPO.
IPO with sw 1.4 can hoever use a centralized Audix VM when networked to a definity system
(user mailboxes only )

There is a way on digital stations:

To turn it on
shortcode: *91*N#
T Number: N"; Msgs=1"
feature: DisplayMsg

Off
shortcode: *92*N#
T NUmber: N"; Msgs=0"
feature: DisplayMsg

Also on the ext tab there is the message light indication type, on or none

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

How'd you figure that one out iroba?

alliedTim - ObjectWorld, eh? Nice bunch of guys that make that product, was very impressed with it - they were doing what VMPro does now long before VMPro was doing it. Are you having much luck integrating? It's my understanding Avaya does not want 3rd party voicemails to be capable of integrating with IPO so you might have quite a challenge in front of you... even if you find a way to do it there is no guarantee they won't change it around in the next firmware release on you.

Peter

Actually Avaya does support the objectworld on IPO just not mutli site with centralized vm. I uses the Tapi much like the MM. I have been using it on an S8100 for about 2 years now and can't live with out the TTS (reading my email) but that is only because I can't afford a mm with speech access lol.

Thank you all for your posts.

Tim

I have s sneeking thought iroba works for AVAYA ???
Good work my friend !!

ipo.gif

What?? You can put an objectworld VMS on an IPO? That boggles my mind considering it's nearly identical to VMPro - they won't allow Taske (call center software) to adapt their software to work on IPO because of CCC.

If they are going to open the doors to 3rd party products that compete with their own home-brew applications (which I thought they were vehemently opposed to) then this changes everything. This product will suddenly get a lot more competitive :)

Peter

Thanks iroba, but while the MW lamp turns on with the shortcode you suggested, the lamp won't turn off. We're running 2.1.15 and use 64XX sets. Any ideas?

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back