Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

denice

Programmer
Mar 15, 2003
US
Is there a way to set up set actions in PSP like in Photoshop. I want to automate procesess.

Thank you

Denice :)
Mac OSX, Running Classic for Quark 4.1. System G4.

You can do that in PSP version 8. Not only can you do "actions" (record steps) you can use Python to do fully interactive tutorials. It is totaly cool.

mike

And that would be how?

Are you using a MAC? If so are you using a windows emulator to run PSP?

mike

oh im sorry, i forgot to mention that its for my windows 98 box.
Thank you!

On the Script toolbar (View > Toolbars > Script) there is a circle. Click on the circle and then open a new image. Once you do something, like open a new image, a save icon will be activated on the script tool bar. Click on the save icon and give your script a name. Then in the drop down list choose your script. Then you can click on the run script icon and run your script which, in this instance, will open a new window with the attributes you specified.

There are all sorts of things I've left out, like restricted scripts etc... So you should read the Help section on scripts for a more detailed explantation on how to do scripting. There is also a very handy .pdf file all about scripting that yo should be able to find at the Jasc site.

mike

Thank you very much, I was looking for an "actions" pallet or something with that terminology. now that i know the word is "script" it will be much easier for me to find.

thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back